Rapidly growing and fast paced manufacturing and assembly facility looking for a Buyer adept at purchasing various commodities. This person will have experience with commodities such as electrical components, mechanical parts, and fabricated assemblies. The Buyer will support and foster an environment of continuous improvement related to cost, quality, delivery, and service while looking for ways to reduce costs and negotiate better prices.
- Experience with MRO, third-party services, packaging and plant support of commodities.
- Issue and maintain Purchase Orders and maintain assigned SKU’s within ERP software
- Maintain levels of inventory, safety stock and Kanban levels to ensure on-time delivery and material availability
- Address supply chain issues and track supplier performance
- Identify cost-saving opportunities, drive cost reduction initiatives, and negotiate prices
- Find & eliminate the root causes of product and supplier non-conformances
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BS or BA degree mandatory with an MBA a plus
- APICS certification is a plus
- 3+ years’ experience purchasing commodities in an Industrial environment
- Experience and ability to master Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP)
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Technical familiarity with a range of materials and processes