The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible to source, recruit, screen and ultimately hire highly qualified candidates to continually increase the caliber of talented employees . As part of the HR Team, the TAS will participate in many initiatives related to improving the employee experience. The TAS is an ambassador of the company to the community and professionally represents the company at all times. This position requires knowledge of the principles, practices and sound techniques in many of the key areas of HR administration; ability to apply and quickly adapt practices and techniques to meet the needs of the business; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, employees, vendors, and others; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in verbal and written form in front of small and large groups; and the ability to organize, retrieve and report information.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
• Through collaboration and subject matter expertise, build relationships and partner with hiring managers to source, recruit, screen and ultimately hire highly qualified candidates
• Manage vendor relationships effectively and efficiently to include external 3rd party recruiting and staffing firms.
• Proactively build a qualified candidate pipeline through a variety of sourcing techniques
• Use Newton Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to present open positions and manage the candidate flow.
• Develop the annual Affirmative Action report in connection with the external consultant
• Cultivate a variety of sourcing methods such as recruitment fairs, social media, job fairs, etc.
• Measure effectiveness of sourcing methods and make adjustments as needed
• Develop vocational school relationships at the high school and college level
• Assist the Senior Director to define, build and improve the company’s employment brand.
• Ensure an outstanding candidate experience and the system to manage and assess the experience
• Develop metrics and assess key recruitment measures such as time to fill, quality of hire
• Conduct pre-employment competency and skill-based testing
• Coordinate with the HR team to successfully onboard new hires
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the company’s business, products, customers and people
• Proactively participate in self-development activities to update job knowledge; read professional publications; maintain professional networks by participating in professional organizations.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Demonstrated ability to invest the time to talk when candidates are available to include outside of traditional work hours
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and fast-paced
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required with HR major or Business related major preferred
• Experience in Manufacturing HR Dept. preferred
• Experience required in directly recruiting skilled trades or technical positions
• Prefer experience with professional staff level positions (Customer Service, Buyer, Engineer, and/or Accounting, etc.)
• Prefer experience working in an environment that is ISO certified and has federal contracts
• Must be able to travel by plane or car as required for recruitment events