Installation & Repair Technician
Reports to: Installation and Repair Supervisor
Department: Installation and Repair
Location: Wooster, Ohio
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M. with some evenings and weekends required
Compensation: based on experience and skill level
Posting Period: through July 13, 2018
Responsible for installation and repair of all services including internet, TV and phone. The I/R Technician must be able troubleshoot technical issues related to all services. The work for this position may be scheduled appointments, on-going tasks, or unplanned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Installation & Repair Technician (I/R Technician) has primary responsibility for:
- Perform installations for converters, high speed data and digital telephone
- Perform disconnects, reconnects, theft checks, traps and audits
- Understand and communicate the function of RF wire routing, telephone wire routing, RG and twisted pair wiring, converters, remote controls, digital telephone MTA’s and high-speed data modems
- Follow proper procedure for installation from internal/external house to tap
- Trouble shooting company and customer equipment from tap to home
- Reading and understanding maps and RF layout
- Willingness to learn additional skills and work with Plant Maintenance to locate and repair fiber breaks, distribution and signal problems
The Installation & Repair Technician must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their responsibilities:
- Basic hand tools such as hammer, saw, screwdriver and pliers
- Basic power tools such as drills, saws, impact drivers
- Meters, PC’s, Tablets, cell/smart phone other testing equipment
- Physical requirements - Carry and setup ladder, Lift 80+ pounds, be able to work at heights of 30+ feet, perform duties outdoors in any type of weather, working in tight spaces with various temperatures (crawl space, attic, etc.)
- Must successfully complete background check and drug test.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous cable/telecommunications or related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using meters and testing equipment is preferred.
- Previous experience and willingness to learn a variety of telecommunications processes is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task with a variety of systems, tools, customers and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal communication with customers and co-workers.
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non- job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to jobopenings@MCTVOhio.com (please include job title in your email), or to the following address…
444 W Milltown Road
Wooster, Ohio 44691