PART – TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
Position: Laboratory Technician
Department: STD Lab
Office: Health Services
Posting Date: January 4, 2019
Hours: part-time, (20 hours/ a week) M-F 8 am -12 pm Starting Salary: B25 $14.45/hour-$30,056.00/Annual
- Associate’s Degree in Biological Science
- Competent with experience in using microscopes
- Achieve certification for mold and pollen identification as required
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepares samples and performs microscopic examination of specimens to accurately identify and count mold and pollen present;
- Prepares reagents for testing; Provides proper storage and handling of samples;
- Documents results and prepares daily reports of findings;
- Maintains laboratory equipment and logs;
- Participates in laboratory proficiency testing and quality assurance and continuous quality improvement activities; Follows quality assurance protocol.
- Serves as a back-up in (STD) sexually transmitted disease laboratory by preparing specimens, performing STD lab testing, and accurately recording results in an electronic medical records system.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned
- May be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours
How to apply:
Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County
117 South Main Street, 2nd Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422
Fax (937) 496-3070
Deadline to Apply: January 19, 2019 or until position is filled
Position is subject to a criminal background check.
Applicants who declare the use of nicotine/tobacco in any form including replacement therapy products and prescription medications used to treat smoking addiction on the PHDMC Application for Employment or addendum thereto, shall not be considered for employment.
PUBLIC HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER COMMITTED TO HIRING DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKFORCE.