MECHANICAL DETAIL ENGINEER
ABOUT COMPASS SYSTEMS:
We are engineers in every sense of the word. For over two decades, we have found better ways to move materials, providing both standard and custom solutions to our customers.
You can trust Compass to point the way to the most efficient solution.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the design and detail of Compass Systems’ mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems using Autodesk Inventor software.
As a Mechanical Detail Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating assembly and detail drawings fully dimensioned and properly toleranced for manufacture
- Determining fits from manufacturer's information
- Creating Bill-of-Materials for machine assemblies
- Providing engineering feedback by answering questions and requests
- Complying with current governmental and safety regulations
- Maintaining system and engineering database
- Complying with current quality and productivity goals
- Performing other duties as assigned
This job will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- Associate’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and 2+ years of related work experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and 0 years of related work experience
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to prepare, read, and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures, and guidelines
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of pneumatics, including volumetric flow rate and pressure is helpful
- Knowledge of electrical design is helpful
- Knowledge of engineering calculations is helpful
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization
- Cutting edge technology
- Collaborative work environment
- Compass is an Equal Opportunity Employer