Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for supporting various maintenance functions such as: installing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing production, process and facility manufacturing equipment onsite, as well as performing modifications, repairs, and preventative/predictive maintenance tasks on existing equipment.
The Multi-Craft Technician (MT) will work on various production systems including extrusion, car handling, packaging, and general building maintenance. In addition to production equipment, the MT will also work on facility equipment such as chillers, air compressors, pumps, blowers, etc. Essential to success is a focus on safety in all the actions taken by the MT and of those around them.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- General knowledge required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot high speed equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Ability to safely operate shop tools such as cutoff saws, drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc welders, acetylene torch and various other hand tools is essential.
- Position requires basic electrical knowledge
- Candidate shall be capable of using a digital multimeter to detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls.
- Must be able to troubleshoot simple circuits, three-phase power systems, motor controls, AC/DC drives.
- Working knowledge of FANUC robots, PLC’s and servo drive systems a plus.
- Candidate shall be capable of using digital multi meter to detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers, photoelectric controls and replace these in a proficient manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and sound work ethics are essential.
- 4 to 5 years’ manufacturing experience in maintenance function preferred.
- Fork lift experience helpful, but not required.
- Must possess troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Ability to work day or night shift.
- May be required to complete training courses as determined by management.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
- Candidates must provide their own tools and tool box. A general tool list can be provided.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach in, around, over and under the equipment to facilitate diagnosis and/or repair of equipment.
- At times, there may include significant pushing, pulling, bending, lifting, walking, stooping, crouching, crawling, repetitive motion, ladder and stair use.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to use sight, sound, smell, and feel to diagnose variations in equipment performance.
- The working environment, at times, may be noisy, hot, humid, hazy or cold.